Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Week 5 Thing 11

Exploring...
I am in the middle of this one... I want to check out all sorts of things on this long list... not the short list so this post may be edited a great deal...

First.. I checked out "Im Cooked" ... a web community for video recipe sharing
Cook It, Film It, and Share it... I absolutely love this... I usually watch the Food Network show on TV-- whenever I am walking on the treadmill ( but I haven't been doing that much since I began doing Wii Fit...) but Im Cooked is great... anyone can post... and some of these have great recipes... others are quite comically...

Actually, I just realized that for the last two weeks I have been using a PB wiki for collaborating with other teachers across the United States. One of my assignments in my current class (With Walden U) was to collaborate with others on an Internet Project. I could not believe how easy it was to add as well as edit information on our document we were creating for our class. It was a great way to learn how to use a wiki -- and to realize how easily I can add this format to any team effort project assignment I might give to next year's classes. If you haven't checked out PB Wiki-- I really suggests you do!!

Google Docs is another incredible tool for collaborating with colleagues. I really want to introduce Google Docs to my students next year-- In fact, I think we need to introduce this to our fellow colleagues at LVUSD. I can think of a myriad of uses for Google Docs across the curriculum. Students and teachers would benefit from knowing how to use this fabulous tool.

1 comment:

Mrs. Yollis said...

I liked all the links you mentioned. The imcooked looks good for me because I need visuals!

I am going to start at Walden and am interested in what you think about them.