Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Week 4 Thing 8

Personal RSS Feed Reader

Whoa!! I had added Google Reader to my iGoogle right from the beginning of this class but at the time only added those in my cohort (from LVUSD) for this class. After Week 2 I got a little daring (yeh, right!?!) and added two of my favorites … But with this week’s assignment I went ahead and added several more that I had originally set up with Bloglines, one of the myriad of tech stuff I had learned about at CUE (March 2007, I think!!). I love getting notices on my iGoogle page letting me know who has a new posting.

In addition, I love Google's Blog search! I’m playing with this new search system and finding all sorts of interesting blogs—comics, educational, recipes, etc. As Dave Warlick states in his blog, “My aggregator just got bigger, and rivets are popping out in all directions.” And similar to my email in-box where I hate having unread mail, I feel guilty if there are any unread items in my rss reader in- box. Now, to keep up with all the new items coming my way…


I thought the video about RSS feeds was entertaining and educational so I checked out Lee LeFever at Common Craft Show and watched... Social Media in Plain English, Pod Casting, Twitter... I enjoyed each one... Check them out... if you haven't already at ... Common Craft Show


My favorite thing about Google Reader is the button called "Manage Friends" .. now if it could only ...

No comments: