Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 8 Thing 19

Library Thing

Okay, I went ahead -- set up an account for Library Thing… although I’m not sure how I am going to use it. I love to read but only seem to get the chance during summer—especially this past year with my very full plate!! I love keeping all books-- both hard cover and soft cover-- and my books are organized according to author. (I tend to enjoy reading series books-- like Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series and Anne Perry's William Monk series. ) I added over a dozen of my books but I think there must be an easier way to catalog them. However, I really don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time learning this... I really can't see the advantage...I doubt I will use this for my math classroom next year. I think it could be a great place to store information on books that I’ve heard about and want to read, eventually.

1 comment:

Jane Lofton said...

I use LibraryThing as the place I record the books I want to share with students. I also use the comments field to record my "booktalks" or notes about what I want to tell them about the book. My perspective is different, of course, but you could consider using it just for math related books you think your students might enjoy.